OLS is a global payment technology company with unmatched expertise enabling expansive payment ecosystems for retailers, healthcare providers, financial services providers, and others around the world. We provide the engine that drives all forms of payments commerce; delivering and enhancing the full range of capabilities our partners need, while simplifying and streamlining the entire process. We deliver integrated solutions to manage the simplest to the most complex payment transactions – efficiently and securely. With OLS, partners enjoy extraordinary speed to market, exceptional flexibility and modularity, and security that’s built in – not an afterthought. So, they can embrace expanded opportunities and enhance their revenues.
The Web Application Developer is responsible for designing and developing full-stack web applications, utilizing web application frameworks, for development of user interfaces for viewing and modifying information and processing data. This position requires the ability to implement business requirements and design specifications into working product. These applications interface with both internal and external systems such as API’s, databases, networked systems and file processing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements/user stories to perform software design activities.
- Work with product owners and other developers for implementing new features and software fixes.
- Perform software development tasks for assigned applications including, design, development, testing of new code.
- Perform unit and regression testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and regression test scripts in a continuous integration platform (automated testing) for software validation purposes.
- Perform debugging of software applications, identify, fix and verify remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others).
- Assist with installation and configuration of software to test and user acceptance environments.
- Update assigned tickets timely with sufficient detail for our software development life cycle workflow processes.
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements.
- 3 years of professional software development experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
- Web Application and development experience including:
- Web Application Frameworks such as Play Framework, Spring, or Java EE.
- Strong ability with Java programming languages
- Experience developing and interfacing to Web Services (ex. RESTful or SOAP) and strong experience utilizing XML and JSON
- Strong experience with Database SQL Server and object relational mapping tools (Hibernate ORM / JPA)
- Experience participating in the full lifecycle of projects, including effective use of version control, build management, testing, and issue tracking software
- Familiarity with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI DSS’) and secure application development and coding practices such as defined by OWASP
- Technical background with good English-writing writing skills.
- Strong communication, collaboration and team-work skills.
- Self-starter who is resourceful and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate in the development efforts while also providing innovative and creative solutions.
- Ability to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design.
- Demonstrated ability to advance project timelines and effectively communicate status updates to stakeholders.
OLS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of InComm, a leading provider of cutting-edge prepaid products, services and transaction technologies to retailers, brands and consumers. InComm supports more than 400,000 points of distribution and helps retailers build prepaid card destinations, connects brands with new markets and gives consumers a simple, secure shopping experience.
For additional information regarding OLS, please visit www.olspayments.com.
For additional information regarding InComm, please visit www.incomm.com.
OLS/InComm is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.