Quickly and easily reduce your PCI scope
and protect your payment systems
Enabling the encryption you need, where you need it.
Benefits of Encryption
Encryption is a critical component of any secure payments infrastructure. It can provide benefits beyond the obvious protection of data.
Reduced PCI Scope
The scope of a PCI examination is limited to the components in a given system that contain sensitive information. By encrypting this information and making it useless to fraudsters in the event of a breach can help reduce the PCI scope by removing the secure components from examination.
Relief From Breach Notification
In most states in the U.S., a business that has suffered a breach must notify anyone whose data was compromised. So, if you eliminate the ability to compromise sensitive data, you also reduce many of the costs associated with a typical data breach.
Encryption is a “must-have” technology in any data environment, but especially in the payments industry. It can also be utilized in a number of different ways including:
- Encryption of “at rest” data in a database, backup or other repository
- Encryption of the transport means of data such Transaction Layer Socket (TLS)
- Encryption of the data or payload that is to be transported from one device to another or one system to another
Protect and remove cardholder data from your systems
- Improving the Holiday Returns Process With Transaction-Based Payments Tokenization
- Looking Ahead: 2022 Predictions for the Payments Industry
- Andy Orrock Shares 5 Retailer Payments Trends for 2022
- Your 2021 “Turkey Five” Payments Prep Recipe
- Andy’s thoughts on Omnichannel Payments Published at Hospitality Technology
OLS Payments Corporate Office
7920 Belt Line Road, Suite 1150
Dallas, TX 75254
866.237.4900 toll free